Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Wonderland


Manly
Originally uploaded by etjarrell
Here's a picture of Frenchie throwing wood in my mother's backyard. Merry Christmas.

Frenchie and I actually arrived in Portland very early Tuesday morning despite the countries travel troubles! I have never felt so lucky. All weekend I had been worried about our trip and sure that we were going to get stuck in an airport somewhere. I was actually more afraid of being stuck somewhere than not getting to Portland at all. I definitely would have picked having the holidays alone in Boston over spending days in airports. We saw a lot of people sleeping in the airport and heard some crazy traveling stories.

The reason for all this trouble was of course the Winter Wonderland that is occurring on the West Coast right now. They had 2 feet of snow in Portland which NEVER happens. There is no snow plan here and it is very hilly so getting around is tough. We are going to brave the weather tonight for our families annual Christmas Eve dinner at Hunan's Chinese restaurant. This has been a family tradition for who knows how long on my mother's side of the family.

What are your Christmas traditions?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Emily,
I've been reading your blog for a while now and I just LOVE IT! Candice Bushnell has nothing over you. If not a law career, I think you have a novel in you.

Hopefully our house remodel will be done by the end of January and I can come out of this hellhole I've been trying to exist in since May.

You and Frenchie will have to take a California trip in the spring. Since we now have the room, we can get your Mom, Michael etc. to come too. PARTY! Love you, Joni